My name has the perfect number of characters.
I don’t think enough wine collectors have put as much thought as they should have into the significance of this fact. Pause, then, to consider what can happen in a period of twenty-five years. It is the span of time in which a person can be born, grow up, finish college and graduate school, spend some aimless years wandering Europe or occupying Wall Street, and start procreating on his own.
Where will you be in twenty-five years?
Where were you twenty-five years ago?”
— On Wine.
In this photograph:
- 2 magnums of 2009 Jean Foillard Morgon Côte du Py. Buy from Blanc et Rouge in Brooklyn.
- 1 magnum of 2008 Sylvie Esmonin Gevrey-Chambertin Vielles Vignes.
- 1 magnum of 2010 Lapierre Morgon. Buy from Wine Library.
- a bunch of of 2009 Baudry Chinon.
- a few Bordeaux and assorted 2009 Beaujolais.